Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Background

Well, day two on the job. So, a little about my background...I have spent much of my adult life in the laboratory and REALLY enjoy lab work. I have a Master's degree in Molecular Microbiology, having first entered a Ph.D. program and transitioned to the Master's. My graduate school lab uncovered an amazing story that was recently published in a top tier scientific journal (Science magazine), and resulted in two other papers. So cutting edge research is something I know that I enjoy.

The transition to the pharmacological world was stark. Not sure what life is like at Pfizer, but I hope it's not like this. "Routine" and "oppressive" are the words that spring to mind, for the working environment is subpar, certainly. However, bright points do exist - my co-workers are quite fun, and the benefits are nice. We'll see how long I'll be "pharmer"! :) As long as the Lord wishes, for I do desire to do His will above all else!

Note: Please do not judge NASA by the recent soap operatic publicity coming from Florida.

No comments:

Cryptopatch

Cryptopatch
Two types of immune cells mingle in a small patch of tissue at the side of a mouse gut. We do learn from these experiments...honest!