Sunday, June 6, 2010

Adoption

Has anyone else been really moved by the whole idea of adoption? Of the fact that there are many orphans without homes in our world? My whole life, I have ached with the characters in stories like "Oliver Twist" and "Anne of Green Gables", and rejoiced when they found homes. Now that L is a huge part of our family and little girl is on the way, my heart goes out even more for those little children without a home!

As a follower of Jesus, adoption has a particularly special meaning, since that is how I'm included in God's family. Jesus deigns to call me sister and I am counted a daughter of God because of what He did on the cross.

Please take a moment to watch the following video. Even though the website that it promotes is fictional, there is an organization called "The Shepherd's Crook" that is dedicated to international special-needs adoption. And pray for these dear children who need homes and to know the love of God through a family...

http://www.vimeo.com/12307403

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thank you for sharing that video! It did an excellent job of tugging on my heart.

Cryptopatch

Cryptopatch
Two types of immune cells mingle in a small patch of tissue at the side of a mouse gut. We do learn from these experiments...honest!